- Unplug the cooler, remove the empty bottle and drain any remaining water from the reservoir
- The exterior should be cleaned first with a mil non-abrasive household detergent. Wipe the exterior dry with a soft cloth.
- Remove the spike by turning the cooler and spike counter clockwise until the latch releases. Lift the collar and spike.
- Remove the plastic seal from the reservoir. Some coolers may require the removal of the cooler lid as well.
- To clean the reservoir, pour 2 litres of water into the reservoir and add 50 ml household vinegar to the reservoir. Let it stand for 5 minutes.
- Scrub the reservoir using a non-abrasive scouring sponge and the diluted solution.
- Drain the solution through the taps
- Refill the reservoir with clean tap water and rinse thoroughly. Drain and repeat at least 3 times or until it runs clear
- Replace the plastic seal in the correct position. Secure the spike by locking the latches in position.
- Place a new bottle on the cooler, plug in the cooler and wait 10 minutes for the thermostat to fully cool or heat the new water.
Tips for placement of your cooler and storage of bottles
- Ensure the cooler and full water bottles are not placed in the following areas; Direct sunlight, near machinery, plants and sources of odour or areas prone to insects.
- Keep your cooler and the area around it is free of dust and dirt.
- Empty and clean the drip tray regularly. Do not use it to dispose of tea, coffee etc.
- Never leave your cooler spike uncovered for long periods of time, as insects or dust may enter the reservoir.
- Always disconnect the power supply from the cooler before cleaning.
- Do not use bleach or any cleaning agents containing bleach or chlorine.